Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I've been to the mountain...

I have been to the mountain and it is filled with fiber and knitting! Oh I couldn't resist.

It has been three weeks and I haven't had a moment to sit down and properly blog about the wonderful weekend that is the Arkansas Fiber Arts Extravaganza.

As always the Lodge at Mount Magazine was wonderful and my Husband and I had a relaxing weekend sans Son. I didn't go to any of the classes offered but I did watch the Sock Machine demo and the Weaving demo. The Fashion Show was a bigger hit this year than last year and there were many beautiful examples of knitting and crochet modeled by their makers (or their makers' friends). The vendor room was an overload for the fiber senses. I bought some beautiful commercial yarn as well as some amazing hand-spun and hand-dyed yarn. I got 3 balls of Kiwi yarn which has possum in it. But I think my favorite item was a small canvas project bag with a screen print of a ball of yarn. I have gotten a ton of compliments. It has the Interweave logo on the bottom so I may have to see if they have any more on their website.

The best part of the weekend (aside from having time away with my Husband) was sitting and knitting with my good friends Betsy, Marji, and Patrice. We so rarely get to spend the whole weekend sitting and chatting and knitting. I will miss the Lodge next year. It is such a beautiful location and a wonderful setting to sit and knit. I understand why the Extravaganza will have to more to a larger location but the warm fires and comfy chairs of the Lodge will be missed.

Here are more photos from the weekend (all taken by my wonderfully talented photographer Husband!).























No comments:

Post a Comment