Thursday, December 23, 2010

Finished Object Fridays: Finally Finished Silk Scarf

Two years ago my mom and I went to the LYS and she bought me some wonderful yarn for Christmas including 5 skeins of Debbie Bliss Pure Silk to knit the Hourglass Eyelet Scarf from Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts 2008. I started the scarf in March 2009 and had made good progress by May. Then we took a family trip to Eureka Springs and my 10 month old son got a hold of my knitting and putted the scarf off the needles. There was no fixing it. I frogged it and started over.

The scarf is supposed to measure 70". That's a whole lots of knitting. I have worked on it off and on since summer 2009 and last weekend, I finally finished the thing. It needs to be blocked but I'm waiting for a calm moment and then I will have some friends over to help me. Did I mention that 70" is a lot of knitting??!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment